1. 80% of our collection is handmade in Belgium. In this way we want to support our local economy and reduce the impact on the climate by lowering our carbon footprint.
2. For the other 20% of the collection, Team Sea Me Happy visited these small, often family owned, companies to be assured on how they treat their workers, offer them fair wages and respect.
3. We give surpluses of fabrics to sewing schools (re-cycle).
4. Our orders are shipped in paper bags and boxes, by doing this we minimize the usage of plastic to a bare minimum. We also contribute to Fostplus “Het Groene Punt”.
5. We respect gender equality by providing UNISEX pieces in our collections.
We care a lot about animal welfare.
We strive to work with eco-certified fabrics and as much as possible organic certified cotton and Ecovero viscose (less water spill). Almost all fabrics carry the OEKO-TEX label and/or are GOTS: Global Organic Textile Standard.
We will continue to prioritize to use fabrics which have a lower impact on the environment, and which are produced in an ethical environment.