What Sea Me Happy contributes to sustainability:
– 80% of our collection is handmade in Belgium. In this way we want to support our local economy and reduce the impact on the climate by lowering our carbon footprint.
– For the other 20% of the collection, Team Sea Me Happy visited these small, often family owned, companies to be assured on how they treat their workers, offer them fair wages and respect.
– We give surpluses of fabrics to sewing schools (re-cycle).
– Our orders are shipped in paper bags and boxes, by doing this we minimize the usage of plastic to a bare minimum. We also contribute to Fostplus “Het Groene Punt”.
– We respect gender equality by providing UNISEX pieces in our collections.
We care a lot about animal welfare.
-We strive to work with eco-certified fabrics and as much as possible organic certified cotton and Ecovero viscose (less water spill). Almost all fabrics carry the OEKO-TEX label and/or are GOTS: Global Organic Textile Standard.
We will continue to prioritize to use fabrics which have a lower impact on the environment,
and which are produced in an ethical environment.
Also follow our story on social media :